Now that you’ve determined your Key Content Theme, you need to figure out how you’re going to create all that content:
- Who’s going to be writing the content?
- Where’s the information for it coming from?
- “Tribal knowledge” – the collective wisdom and experience of individual employees that may exist only in their heads
- Existing literature – in-house as well as public sources such as other websites & trade magazines
- Who’s going to gather and manage the information – the writer, the project manager, someone else?
Your content will only be as good as the information used to create it, so proper planning is important. Time and money is easily wasted if someone is not paying attention to where information is coming from, how current and accurate it is, and if it’s legal to use it.