Before you know it, Cyber Monday (the Monday following Thanksgiving) will be here, and you need to be prepared. Many eCommerce websites see an increased traffic and checkout count on Cyber Monday, so looking ahead now can help you get more sales on that day. Here are a few items you should check on quickly to make sure you and your website are ready:
- Make sure your checkout actually works; many people think it does and it doesn’t
- Make sure that it is clear to the user when the checkout happens
- Verify that you have up-sell opportunities on the site
- Make sure that you have social media options on your products for people to share
- Be prepared to spend some time that week for Online Customer Service
- Be sure to know your inventory for that week and keep it updated online so that you don’t oversell
With just a few tips, you can be prepared for the online shopping season, which begins in earnest on Cyber Monday. Don’t wait, and don’t procrastinate. The sooner you look at these things, the better you will be prepared to handle any issues and moreover, your website will be much more effective for the shopping season.
If you would like some help with your eCommerce website, we would be happy to help you with that! We have website maintenance plans available that fit many small businesses. Just contact us!